Information about cookies
What is a cookie?
Cookies are very small text files placed on your computer or your devices for a limited duration when you visit our websites.
Purpose of cookies
- Save log on information
- Identify you when you connect to our websites.
- Collect information enabling us to send you advertising adapted to your interests.
- Save your browsing preferences such as language, font size, page layout or the colors you prefer. The aim is to enable you to browse our site more quickly and easily.
- Collect analytical information, for example, count the number of visitors to our websites and identify which pages on our sites you visit most frequently. We use this analytical data for marketing and resource planning.
- Determine if our visitors adapt easily to any modifications we may make to our websites.
Information collected by using cookies
Cookies help us to collect information about the way you use our website, however amongst the data collected about you using cookies, we do not save any information which would allow us to identify you personally. We only record a unique identifier of the session enabling us to identify a user profile and your preferences on your following visit.
Types of cookies
- Session cookies– This type of cookies is temporarily stocked on your computer or device during a browsing session. They are removed from your computer or device at the end of the browsing session.
- permanent cookies– This type of cookies is stocked on your computer for longer. These permanent cookies help us recognize you when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session.
These cookies may be divided into several categories:
- Cookies necessary for browsing (technical cookies)
These cookies are necessary to enable you to browse our internet site and use its various features most efficiently. These cookies are exclusively installed by Omnes Education.
- Website Function cookies
These cookies are essential for browsing because they enable our site to work, optimize its functions and give you access to specific features. They also make it possible to adapt the graphics to your device/terminal’s display preferences. Thus, these cookies give you fluid, intuitive and customized browsing.
- Statistics cookies
Cookies placed to give us information about the performance of our site, to build statistics on the volume of traffic and the way the items on our site are used (the content visited, the click paths). These cookies allow us to improve the interest and the user-friendliness of our services (most frequently visited pages, most frequently consulted topics, most read articles…). Cookies also allow us to count the number of visitors to a page and to detect any malfunctions which may arise.
- Advertising cookies
Cookies for managing the advertising you see when browsing so that you are shown offers and information relevant to your interests. Refusing these cookies has no impact on the use of our site. It is worth noting that opting out of these cookies will not prevent your seeing advertising while browsing. It simply means that the advertisements displayed won’t be tailored to your interests or preferences.
- Social network cookies
Our site includes third party features (social media buttons), allowing users to share specific content via social networks.
This is the case for “share buttons”, “like”, “g+1”, “Tweeter” linked to social networks like “Facebook”, “Google+”, “Twitter” etc.
If you use these third-party features to interact, for example by clicking the “like” button, or leaving a comment, the corresponding information will be transmitted to the social network and published on your profile.
If you do not wish social networks to link the information they collect through our site to your user account, you should disconnect from social networks before using the site.
We advise you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks to learn the use to which the information harvested through these social media buttons is put, particularly in relation to advertising.
In compliance with the law in force, you have the right of opposition and access to all your personal data on file. You may therefore refuse to accept some of our cookies by changing your browser’s settings. Most browsers have a menu enabling you to manage cookie opt-out by modifying the settings. Generally, browsers allow you to:
- Display cookies;
- Allow cookies;
- Disable all or certain cookies;
- Delete cookies when you close the browser;
- Block cookies
- Be informed when you receive a cookie
How long cookies last.
As per the recommendations of the French Data Protection Authority, the CNIL, the validity period for consent to place cookies on our sites is a maximum of 13 months from the time when they are first placed on the device; this period is not extended by subsequent visits to the site. When this period expires, you must be asked to renew your consent.
Therefore 13 months, is the maximum lifespan of a cookie.
Additional information about cookies.
For further information on cookies, please consult the following page.