< Do I need a visa to study in France ? - INSEEC International
Apply nowRequest infos

Do I need a visa to study in France ?


  1. In which cases you need a visa to study in France
  2. Check your situation to ensure your registration

Depending on their home country, some international students may need a valid visa to study in France. This visa can be issued by their embassy, which will tell them what steps to take, what form to fill out and the fee.

1. In which cases you need a visa to study in France

The year after obtaining the visa, foreign students can apply for a short-term residence permit. This permit has a minimum duration of one year and presents more advantages than a visa. The document authorizes its holder to work, as do French citizens, and to travel freely within the Schengen area. This permit can be renewed for a temporary or a long stay under certain conditions. European Union nationals are not concerned by these terms. Proof of medical insurance is required for foreign students. This insurance is guaranteed for French citizens and foreigners who live in the country on a long-term basis. You will also need to prove that you have found student or personal accommodation for your arrival in France.

French universities set their own tuition fees. Private institutions, such as the INSEEC-U business school, adapt their fees according to the degrees prepared. Studying for a Master’s degree generally costs more than a Bachelor’s course, but this degree also allows you to reach a higher level of qualification.

2. Check your situation to ensure your registration

The application process will be completed once the applicant has provided all the necessary documents for the examination of the application. Among these documents, French universities such as INSEEC-U require a copy of a valid passport, a letter of motivation, in which students must demonstrate why they are applying to study in France and why they wish to join one of our institutions. Official documents, such as the applicant’s passport or degrees, written in a language other than English or French must be translated. You may support your applications with any other type of useful documents such as letters of recommendation. 

It is not necessary to present an IELTS certificate when applying to INSEEC-U in France. However, in this cosmopolitan country, we recommend that you take a language course that will allow you to socialize in a short period of time.

All applications from international students who wish to study in France must be made through the Campus France platform.

For further information :

INSEEC U. is a private multidisciplinary higher education and research institution located in Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux and Chambéry. With campuses in London, Monaco, Geneva, San Francisco and Shanghai, INSEEC U. occupies a unique place in the French educational landscape.
16 Schools
28,000 Students
345 Faculty Members
9 Campuses in France and Abroad
115 Specializations
creation, digital world and design
Political science
and international relations
Luxury, real estate, sport,
wine & spirits, digital world
To find out about all our programme offerings and our Schools, please check INSEEC.COM